At Beaumont Community Primary School our Curriculum is driven by our
‘5 Star Values'. They are embedded throughout each subject in our school as they build pupils Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural experiences over time.
Our Curriculum Aims at BCP
In Partnership with the Governors, Parents, Staff and Pupils we aim to promote a kind, caring, welcoming community at Beaumont Community Primary School by…
- Delivering a fun, rich and varied curriculum that is accessible for all.
- Nurturing and celebrating all efforts and achievements.
- Raising aspirations so that pupils know that the sky is not the limit
- Creating an ‘I can’ attitude towards challenges
- Promoting a love of lifelong learning in Modern Britain
We believe that an effective curriculum is one where:-
- the stereotypical belief that some children are less able to learn is challenged
- all pupils are engaged, motivated and included in learning
- Pupils are given opportunities beyond the curriculum
- It is broad and balanced
- Pupils work with a range of abilities
We have used the book ‘The Curriculum’ by Mary Myatt to shape our approach to our curriculum.
Some of our classes in KS2 are mixed year groups. Therefore some of our curriculum subjects are organised over a two year cycle. This ensures that all pupils have access to a high quality curriculum.
Please see the link below for our SEND provision.
If you would like further information on the curriculum we teach, please contact the school directly.